Although the COVID-19 pandemic has caused major obstacles to studying abroad plans, there has not been a drastic shift in student expectations as they all know the many advantages that overseas education has.
The fact that learners remain confident about their future prospects and expect the pandemic to dial back soon was illustrated by several surveys conducted worldwide.
While some learners have postponed their higher education plans, not many have opted to skip it altogether. The lack of face-to-face learning that students yearn for while studying abroad may be a big explanation for this.
Here’s why students should continue to schedule their overseas education:
- As a student, one can continue to study abroad because there will be high competition for jobs when the economy comes out of this dire situation. And the best way to make sure you have an upper hand is to improve your skills, and there’s no better way to do that than by education.
- There is a multitude of learners in nature and each of them undergoes a varied phase of thinking. Some conclude that taking a gap year and watching the storm pass is safer. This is a privilege, though, that only a few are able to afford. Only those with suitable events lined up will really tap into the idea of taking a gap year.
- Some students, on the other hand, may consider studying in their home country. However, with classes being taken online in your home country as well, why would you want to skip the opportunity to seek experience abroad when things return to normal?
- The stay-back opportunities they might miss are another explanation why students are discouraged from studying abroad. Nevertheless, major international research destinations such as Canada and Australia, to name a few, have told their students that they are still eligible for their post-study job privileges.
- Although the dark side of the coin is often simpler to believe, some students are dreary about the fact that international borders avoid opening. It is important to note that the well-being of society remains the primary concern right now. Thus, students will be able to return to their study destinations when the scenario normalizes. Take Canada, for example, which, subject to some laws, has opened its borders to foreign students.
- Previous variables that encouraged students to study abroad continue to remain in effect. The specialized design of the course structure combined with the sheer choices, for example, is something a student does not find in their home country and is thus attracted to study abroad.
- In addition, as you immerse yourself in the job pool that has become increasingly globalized in nature, being out of your comfort zone in a foreign destination hones your skills and formulates your cultural lens that is useful.
Therefore, although the situation currently can seem grim, it is important to bear in mind the many advantages of studying abroad. Use this time wisely and begin to get your applications in. And get in touch with Discover Matrix today for assistance with your university applications.
Contact: +919873536693, 9810721693